Linux-PAM 0.56preC

Hi,

I've uploaded another pre-release version of 0.56. Since a couple of bugs
were found in preB, I have fixed them and added some patches from Cristian.
Please test it and email any problems to me or the list.

No-one has commented on the conversion tool for pam.conf -> pam.d/xxx files.
I can only assume that it works flawlessly... Seriously, I would like to
hear about any trouble with this before releasing .56 proper (next weekend
I think).

The other thing I've done is to finally write the authentication helper
binary... My wife at least, can now xlock her screen and still have a
shadowed md5 password! :) I hope this is a safer solution than making
arbitrarily long and un-verifiable applications setuid root.

Best wishes

Andrew
-------
preB-preC CHANGES:

* pam_pwdb can now verify read protected passwords when it is not run by root.
  This is via a helper binary that is setuid root.

* pam_permit now prompts for a username if it is not yet determined

* pam_rhosts now honors "debug" and no longer hardwire's "root" as the
  superuser's name.

* pam_securetty now honors the "debug" flag

* trouble parsing extra spaces fixed in pam_time and pam_group

                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html