Re: Kerberos 5 and easing the transition

   Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:06:36 -0500 (EST)
   From: Isaac Hollander <hollande@ms.com>

   We've gone through the same transition as you (well, actually twice.
   Once from NIS to nonstandard homebrew kerberos 4 and again from
   kerberos 4 to kerberos 5.  We're almost done with the second
   transition.)  It's been quite a ride.

Note that if you already have a Kerberos V4 KDC database, it's much
simpler to just convert the Kerberos V4 database to a V5 database.  The
MIT Krb5 distribution provides tools which makes this possible.

					- Ted