Re: Kerberos 5 and easing the transition

On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> The krb4 module (and an afs module that uses it) are done. I have a true AFS
> module i need to finish, and if after that the krb5 module isn't coming along I
> figure on working on that.

In a test environment only I was able to do some hacking to get the KRB4
module to authenticate with a kerb5 server all with pam.  Of course the
only problem was that it would generate kerb4 tickets instead of kerb5.
This was all done with some creative linking in the kerberos lib directory
on all the machines (to use kerberos5's kerb4 compat library).

 -Matt (panzer@dhp.com)  --  DataHaven Project - http://www.dhp.com/
  "That which can never be enforced should not be prohibited."