Re: Kerberos 5 and easing the transition

Bob_Riddle@citi.umich.edu wrote:
> I'm trying to build the krb4 pam modules.  I'm a little confused by the
> makefile.  It appears to be trying to resolve STATIC & DYNAMIC in order to
> perform the build.  I'm also intrigued by the default message "not top
> makefile".
>
> I'm convinced I'm approaching this the wrong way ... but I'm not sure how
> to discover the correct way.

You probably want to insert the module source into the source tree for PAM
as a whole. All of these symbols are provided by the top-level Makefile..

Mmm. Perhaps a judicious 'ifdef FULL_LINUX_PAM_SOURCE_TREE' might be
warranted? In this way, modules could be compiled with or without the full
Linux-PAM source... Thanks for pointing this out.

=> I'll put the following in the top-level Makefile for Linux-PAM (0.57
after I release 0.56):

	FULL_LINUX_PAM_SOURCE_TREE=yes
	export FULL_LINUX_PAM_SOURCE_TREE

In this way, the module Makefiles can test for this variable and supply
sensible defaults for the various system directories if it is not present.
After all, the only reason for having the entire tree present to compile the
modules is that you want to build PAM statically.

Best wishes,

Andrew
                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html