Re: SSH w/ Pam?

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
>
> > I just installed Cristian Gafton's Pam 0.56, Libpwd and Shadow suite.
> > Everything else seems to be working without any problems except for my SSH
> > server and my Z-pop Popmail server.
> >
> > Is there any way to get these programs, who know nothing about Shadow and
> > MD5, to work with Pam? I don't have source for either of them.....
>
> SSH works good with shadow. It will work, but you have to recompile it to
> use shadow.

Will it work with PAM and Shadow? I believe that Pam 0.56 as distributed
is setup to use md5 encrypted shadow passwords. I'm not sure if the
standard "ssh" will be able to read the /etc/shadow and decode it
properly.

--
      President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
             SLIP/PPP/Unix Shell   28.8k / ISDN / Leased Line