Re: SSH w/ Pam?

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> > > Is there any way to get these programs, who know nothing about Shadow and
> > > MD5, to work with Pam? I don't have source for either of them.....
> >
> > SSH works good with shadow. It will work, but you have to recompile it to
> > use shadow.
>
> Will it work with PAM and Shadow? I believe that Pam 0.56 as distributed
> is setup to use md5 encrypted shadow passwords. I'm not sure if the
> standard "ssh" will be able to read the /etc/shadow and decode it
> properly.

ssh can use /etc/shadow, not sure if it can do md5 but try.  Even if it
can't use PAM, you can still probably get it to read your shadow password
file.

The RPMs on ftp.replay.com for ssh have things set to allow compiling in
shadow support - you might want to look at them.

-- Elliot Lee
   http://www.redhat.com/             http://www.linuxexpo.org/