Re: SSH w/ Pam?

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Elliot Lee wrote:
>
> > ssh is not going to work with PAM any time soon - more than one person has
> > tried (don't use any of the ugly hacks floating around). SSH source is
> > available at ftp://ftp.cs.hut.fi/pub/ssh/
>
> ARGHH!!! SSH is a neccessity here! It used to work without Shadow
> Passwords under RedHat 4.0 and 4.1. I guess this means that I have to go
> back to using Non-Shadowed passwords!

If you recompile ssh, on the machine (or a machine with shadow) the
configure script will spit out

Using linux John Haugh shadow passwords and pw_encrypt for password
encryption

ie, it understands shadow passwds

furthermore it spits out
checking for shadow passwords... /etc/shadow
checking for -lshadow... no

if you have libshadow.a then just edit the makefile to link against that and
you're off.

Jim

 |           Jim  Bourne           |     This is *my* sigfile.     |
 |      LinuxNET #LiNuX - etc      |  If you don't understand the  |
 |     http://www.hardrock.org     | line that follows, forget it! |
     'Big O' Rules : Do you want that in a minute or a millenium