Re: setting PAM_AUTHTOK from an application

"Andrew G. Morgan" writes:
>Do you mean that the application itself sets PAM_AUTHTOK?

I mean exactly that.

>This is definitely _wrong_ .

Should we make it not work in the PAM framework?  On entry into the
framework, should PAM_AUTHTOK be null'ed out?  Or do we do that already,
making his code not only wrong, but broken?  I haven't tried running
it, I just think it is nonsensical...  :-)

>The application should not even know about this item as it is
>defined in pam_modules.h and not pam_appl.h .

I suppose (I haven't looked for sure) that it includes pam_modules.h...

michaelkjohnson