Re: group information?

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Andrew G. Morgan wrote:
> It basically falls outside the paradigm. PAM is all about authenticating
> user entities.. Groups are treated more along the lines of "credentials"
> than entities for the purpose of authentication. I don't know what else to
> say on the subject.

Well, but the credentials (like group info) are usually stored alongside
with the authentication info (like passwords). Hence, if you strive to
provide a transparent means of authentication, you have to complete the
picture and provide a transparent means of accessing credentials.

The only alternative is to fall back to non-PAM functions which is against
the whole point, isn't it?

---/dev/il