Re: pam_nologin

Ronald.Wahl@Informatik.TU-Chemnitz.DE wrote:
[ cut]
> Ahh, yes, login tries more than one time (I think 3 times). But what's the
> problem? Login will terminate after a timeout (1 minute?!).
>
> ron

No big problem at all.
It's just that the following looks silly:

login: han

  We're having severe problems just now and cannot let you log in
  Sorry.

Please enter username:

I would prefer displaying the message for a few seconds, and then return
to getty. Making pam_nologin 'requisite' is already a huge improvement,
though. (Telling someone you won't let her in, and then asking her
password
looks _very_ silly).

Han