Re: Pam and radius

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Bruno Lopes F. Cabral wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > 	Actually, PAM only support RADIUS for accounting, no authenticating.
> > You could get radiusclient from sunsite (I don't remember the exact path).
>
> I have a old patch to let pppd auth through radius (I'm currently
> using it). The question could be more on how to set up the radius server
> in a PAM way to do authentication and accounting. I think if I had read
> right on Cristian homepage that radius-pam can do that in the same
> machine, is that ok?
>
> what have I to upgrade (in what order) to make it work?
> need some pam.conf configuration? only rpm'ing the stuff?
>
> > 	Another thing is that Livignston RADIUS server is restricted (by
> > (C)) to use whith Livingston Hardware (portmaster?). Y recomend you to use
> > Merit RADIUS server instead.
>
> <g> I know that. I have done a bit hacking on the older (public?)
> version of radius from livingston. Please note that
> merit radius is very difficult code to work on :~(
>
> in other way I plan to buy portmasters to remote POPs but now
> I'm planing the users migration to autoppp and radius and I
> wish to do it in the right way (planning for future!)
>
> > Bye!
>
> thanx for answering!

Alright,
	If I could get some clarification on this issue, it would help me
immensely.

 We have a situation where it would be VERY VERY VERY nice to be able to
   allow multiple shell machines to share a single RADIUS database for
   authentication purposes. Is this possible?

--
      President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
             SLIP/PPP/Unix Shell   28.8k / ISDN / Leased Line