Re: Pam and radius

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Chris Adams wrote:

> >	Another thing is that Livignston RADIUS server is restricted (by
> >(C)) to use whith Livingston Hardware (portmaster?). Y recomend you to use
> >Merit RADIUS server instead.
>
> The Livingston RADIUS server is restricted to use by those who use it
> with Livingston equipment.  In other words, as long as you have
> Livingston eqiupment that uses the RADIUS server, you can also have
> other things use it.
>
> Also, I found Livingston's RADIUS server version 2.0 to be much easier
> to setup and run that Merit RADIUS.

Does RADIUS 2.0 support "proxying" based on the domain name? With merit, I
can send "user@domain.com" to one server for authentication and then send
"user@net.domain" to another.

And are you sure? Is it possible that I could legally hack up some PAM
code to authenticate via RADIUS as long as I'm using all PM-3's to allow
the users to login? :)

--
      President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
             SLIP/PPP/Unix Shell   28.8k / ISDN / Leased Line