Re: Pam and radius

>>> Daniel wrote
> > I don't see why you would have to distribute the password file at all to a
> > remote machine. RADIUS is for remote authentication.. IE..
>
> For finger, and other things that need usernames. In Shell accounts and
> such.

We don't do shell accounts, it's email, ftp (to update personal web pages) and
web to their personal web pages. shell accounts don't scale well, and most users
don't care - they have PCs at home, they just want to surf the web and be able
to receive email.  With the arrival of things like Linux, people can have
shell access at home :)

libpwdb would be the thing to use for a lot of this stuff. I didn't use it in my
system, because I didn't see the need.