Re: Pam and radius

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Bruno Lopes F. Cabral wrote:

> in a PAM way to do authentication and accounting. I think if I had read
> right on Cristian homepage that radius-pam can do that in the same
> machine, is that ok?

Yes, this is true.

> what have I to upgrade (in what order) to make it work?
> need some pam.conf configuration? only rpm'ing the stuff?

I haven't had the time to finish the pam_radius module. I am trying in
this weekend to recover all my delayed PAM related projects. I hope
pam_ardius will be one of the happy endings...

> in other way I plan to buy portmasters to remote POPs but now
> I'm planing the users migration to autoppp and radius and I
> wish to do it in the right way (planning for future!)

IMHO a dedicated NAS at remote POPs will save you a lot of time.
While somehow limited in possibilities, dedicated terminal servers save
you maintenance time, driving in the middle of the night to reset the damn
box, etc. I sleep better knowing that at 100km away from here isn't a HDD
waiting to crash, a CPU cooler waiting to stop functioning, a buffer
overrun bug waiting to be exploited, etc.

However, when you have the NAS under close observation things are a little
different...

Best wishes,
		Cristian Gafton
Cristian Gafton                                    gafton@sorosis.ro
Computers & Communications Center              Network Administrator
http://www.sorosis.ro/~gafton                          Iasi, Romania