setting password with pwdb/cracklib

I can't seem to convince pwdb and cracklib to work together to set
passwords.  Well, if I'm lucky, I can get it to set passwords, but
I have to type them in too many times, or something else wrong
happens.

What's the proper pam.conf or pam.d/passwd configuration to do this
right?  No order I try works...  :-(

Thanks!

michaelkjohnson