Re: PPPD pammified?

On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Adam Kerasotes wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > is pppd from redhat 4.2 pammified?
> >
> > TIA, !3runo
>
> It doesn't seem so because as it comes pppd does not seem to recognize
> shadow passwords which pam is recognizing just fine.  I am having to
> re-compile pppd to support the shadow password file.

I am using the PPPD that came with RedHat 4.2 and shadow passwords with no
problems.  As far as I know I didn't have to do anything special.  The
only thing I did to PPPD was make it setuid root so that my users could
run it without special permissions....

David Wayne Summers                   "Linux: The choice of a GNU generation."
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us            PGP Public Key available on request.
PGP Key fingerprint =  C0 E0 4F 50 DD A9 B6 2B  60 A1 31 7E D2 28 6D A8