Re: PAM VERSUS SAMBA SERVER - Windows NT Server (fwd)

On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, Tom Ryan wrote:
> I have a smb_crypt.so module that allows for authentication against an NT
> server. see andrew's page on modules for a link to my page which has the
> module on it.. (its not 100% percent what you might expect a pam module to
> be, but its secure and it works :)

Please note that a certain Service-Pack (I believe its SP4) introduces a
change that makes Samba unable to authenticate against a Windows NT server
anymore. The same change would probably make smb_crypt break.

I know no further details, I just heard it from one of the authors of
Samba. The Samba mailing-list might be a good place to ask for further
information.

---/dev/il