pam accessibility from perl

This probably intersects with the "how to check an in-hand passwd" thread,
which I never read. =) Sorry!

I would like to authenticate cgi's written in perl against pam -- is there
either a perl way to talk to pam, or a little executable I can fire up and
run with perl, which can help me here?

Thanks,
Jim

--
The press only knows three stories, Apple is dead, Microsoft is evil, and
Java is the future.  And they only ask two questions -- Is Apple still