"userdel" program

Hi,

This isn't strictly related to PAM, but I was wondering if there is a
canonical user deletion program for Red Hat?  I understand there are
file locking considerations to watch out for when editing /etc/passwd
and /etc/shadow, assuming that users are based on these; what
are the guidelines?

I'm looking for something that does NOT have to run under X,
for the ISP environment.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-750-2288