Re: "userdel" program

Hi,

Cristian Gafton wrote:
> Grab an updated shadow-utils package (don't know if RH is providing them
> now), there was one in contrib - that is a newer version, or you can
> have it from http://sysadm.sorosis.ro/devel/shadow - an older RPM done by
> me, I have not upgraded it since "if ain't broke don't fix it" and I did
> not need most of the new features coming with newer shadow-utils releases
> (not that are many...)

userdel hangs on accounts created with the shipped /usr/sbin/adduser.
I'm tracing through it and it appears to be a problem with removing
the user from the groups.  I'd like to stick with adduser since it
creates a unique group per user, which has to be done manually if
using useradd.

Would using useradd and keeping all users in the 'users' group be
a major drawback?

Regards,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-750-2288