Re: pamifying a RADIUS daemon - help

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Jim Hebert wrote:

> 1) One that can get usernames and passwords out of MySQL and do the
> various pam fucntions, using MySQL

Somebody out here is working on that...

> 2) A time-of-day module, except that I think this already exists

pam_time

> 3) A concurrent login module, which I don't think exists but should, IMHO.

pam_limits

> This isn't ideal, however, but it seems somewhat unavoidable that the
> concurrent login module would be dependent on the logging module being
> used, unless I'm missing some sort of way in which pam basically allows
> you to say "hey, check the logs, is anyone on?" and not have to know how
> to check the accounting logs yourself... Perhaps it is this situation

You are correct.

> Myself, I'm pretty much a lurker and could very easily be wrong about any
> of the above -- so if I am, I hope someone will jump in and correct me...

Nope, this time you got it right :-)

		Cristian Gafton
Cristian Gafton                                    gafton@sorosis.ro
Computers & Communications Center              Network Administrator
http://sysadm.sorosis.ro/devel                         Iasi, Romania