Re: pitfall in adding all users in "users"

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:
>Steve \"Stevers!\" Coile wrote:
>> >Would using useradd and keeping all users in the 'users' group be
>> >a major drawback?
>>
>> Nope.
>
>Just noticed that 'useradd' likes adding the user names in /etc/group.
>With thousands of users, this will make the entry quite unwieldy and
>slow it down, wouldn't it?

Older versions of "useradd" would truncate large group membership lists,
resulting in a corrupt /etc/group file.  I don't know if newer versions
have corrected this or not.

--
    Steve Coile           P a t r i o t  N e t      Systems Engineering
 scoile@patriot.net      Patriot Computer Group        (703) 277-7737