Re: pamifying a RADIUS daemon - help

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Jim Hebert wrote:
> As desparate as this sounds, after several of us have spent endless hours
> pouring over the merit source for their radiusd, we've concluded that
> there's no way we'll be pamming the merit radiusd any time soon. However,
> it's our understanding that we can't use the livingston radiusd or any of
> its derivitives without owning a radius product, which as bad luck would
> have it, we do not.

AFAIK, this restriction only applies to Radius 2.0, Radius 1.16 is exempt
from this restriction. (Livingston changed the license on 2.0)

I'm using the cistron modified radiusd (based off of 1.16, but largely
compatible with 2.0) and it was quite easy to patch for my custom
authentication system using flat files.

-Dan