Re: pamifying a RADIUS daemon - help

In message <199707161904.DAA07122@marikit.iphil.net> you write:
|There is no need.  I have patched good old Livingston 1.16 to "use"
|PAM, based on the mods on 2.xx.  Since cistron radiusd is built on
|the same code base, it'll be easy to add that there too.
|Let me know and I'll make the patch available.

Hi,

Could you make these patches available?

Also, is that the one version reffered to by the other posters, or are
there a few PAMified RADIUS daemons hanging around?

|Merit source is quite confusing :(

Yup.

|> (like a fresh start on a radiusd not based on anything, for instance)
|> that I should consider?
|
|This was discussed on Cristian's list a few months back.  Looks like
|no one has enough free time to come up with a fresh RADIUS rewrite.

I keep thinking of writing it from scratch in C++ using ACE, which
will make it very highly portable and efficient (and GPL'd), but alas,
I don't have time either :-(.

Cheers,

--Amos

PS - do you know if the cistron authors lurk here too?  I didn't know
they have a forum.

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous