SMB Module for PAM

I have written ( hacked :-) a PAM Auth module that validates a
username/password combination using an NT server, it allows for domain
validation ...

What I have done is taken the smb-NT-valid package which builds on smblib
and fixed the domain support in these, then changed the pam_unix_auth
module to validate using the NT server if the local password file check
fails,

a tgz is available at
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/pam_smb/pam_smb.0.1.tar.gz

this untars in the modules directory of Linux-PAM-0.57
and you need to add pam_smb to the modules/Makefile in the list of
modules,

This has only been briefly tested and no responsibility is taken for any
problems or damage caused by it, as in it mostly works for me, and read
the README file for configuration information,

Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------