pam and NIS Problem. Any idea ?

Hi Folks.

as I'm about to install 10 new Systems, I thought I'll upgrade completely
all Systems to Redhat 4.2 including the newest pam,pwdb-libs etc.

Now, after having upgraded all this, I'm not able to login as a User know
to the NIS Database. Here are the Error logs I get:

Jul 25 18:41:44 majoran PAM_pwdb[895]: (login) session opened for user
mnjo4000 by mnjo4000(uid=0)
Jul 25 18:41:44 majoran syslog: Cannot make/remove an entry for the
specified session
Jul 25 18:42:56 majoran PAM_pwdb[897]: (login) session opened for user
mnjo4000 by mnjo4000(uid=0)
Jul 25 18:42:56 majoran syslog: Cannot make/remove an entry for the
specified session
--

Also, a remote login using telnet or rlogin gives the same result.

The pwdb.conf looks OK.

-> pwdb.conf

user:
        unix
        nis
group:
        unix
        nis

-> The yp.conf file:

domainname tuttifrutti.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE
ypserver calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE

-> nsswitch.conf

passwd:     files nis
shadow:     files nis
group:      files nis

hosts:      files dns nis

services:   files  [NOTFOUND=return]
networks:   files  [NOTFOUND=return]
protocols:  files  [NOTFOUND=return]
rpc:        files  [NOTFOUND=return]
ethers:     files  [NOTFOUND=return]
netmasks:   files  [NOTFOUND=return]
bootparams: files  [NOTFOUND=return]

netgroup:   files nis

publickey:  files
automount:  files nis
aliases:    files nis

----
A ypmatch/ypcat etc works flawlessly, also I already have about 30 Systems
running on the Server, so it's not a server problem. These old systems are
still running a somewhat modified Version of redhat-3.0.3.

I'm still using the 5.3.12 libc, but intend to upgrade to 5.4.36 to be
able to use Staroffice, but even with the new libc, it didn't work.

On the Server side, I have a redhat-4.1 System, running ypserv-1.2.2 and
yppasswdd-0.10.

Any hints on this one ?

Thx...
--
If you have to think twice about it, you're wrong.
* System Admin:                                 *