PAM + NIS

Hi Folks..

Just wanted to say I solved the problem regarding PAM-Stuff and NIS.
in fact, it was a PWDB problem. The pwdb.conf needed the Entry: nis
for group and User.

Unix makes it act normaly as usual using the plain
files. Then comes the nis Database and then only the nis+unix way. If te
nis+unix way was choosen first, I had the error, that the user was not
known to the authentication database etc. It is the order that is
important.

Took me 3 Days to figure this out :( Hope it helps you Folks....

For those who want to try this out, here my Config-Files again, with a
working setup:

pwdb.conf:
user:
        unix
        nis
        unix+nis
group:
        unix
        nis
        unix+nis

nsswitch.conf:
passwd:     files nis
shadow:     files
group:      files nis

hosts:      files dns

services:   files  [NOTFOUND=return]
networks:   files  [NOTFOUND=return]
protocols:  files  [NOTFOUND=return]
rpc:        files  [NOTFOUND=return]
ethers:     files  [NOTFOUND=return]
netmasks:   files  [NOTFOUND=return]
bootparams: files  [NOTFOUND=return]
netgroup:   files

publickey:  files

automount:  files
aliases:    files

yp.conf
domainname tuttifrutti.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE
ypserver calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE

ok. remember, I'm not using shadow-passwords, but have password-mangling
enabled and this works remarquably well ;)

Thx for your ideas folks... Cya
--
When nothing can possibly go wrong, it will.
* System Admin:                                 *