rlogin is slow

Hello everyone,

we have a network with linux(RedHat 4.1 & 4.2) running on sparcstations.
Everything is fine; the only problem we have is that rlogin is really
slow. i.e. when we use rlogin command to log into another computer in the
network, the process of logging in takes about 10-12 seconds. Is this
normal? If it isn't, what could be done to improve the situation?

Thanks,
Farhad