Re: PAM + NIS

Joerg Mertin <joerg@pc50.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> wrote on Tue, 29 Jul 1997:

> > Does anyone know if it's possible doing the same with shadow support?
> Should do without problems. Just add a +shadow behind the nis line and it
> should make it.

Thank you. I did try that but didn't work. I'm using this pwd.conf

#
# This is the configuration file for the pwdb library
#

user:
        unix+shadow
        nis+shadow
        unix+nis+shadow

group:
        unix+shadow
        nis+shadow
        unix+nis+shadow

with a local shadow file and nis without shadow, now. For me it's good,
xlock is the only application that doesn't authenticate anymore. It did,
with shadow and with and without nis, before the upgrade.

Cheers,
Andrea