Re: PAM + NIS

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Andrea Dell'Amico wrote:

> Thank you. I did try that but didn't work. I'm using this pwd.conf

pwdb does not support shadow NIS maps yet. the "shadow" is meant for local
/etc/shadow, not for NIS one. So don't try any longer, it won't work. I'll
see what I can do about posting an update to libpwdb in by the end of this
week.

I will need some beta testers, as the pwdb is changed dramatically: it is
truly modular now, it have radius authentication working fine (for me, at
least), and a hesiod module is also available.

I have to finish patching the pam_pwdb module to use the new interface,
_and_ to get the patch accepted by Andrew.

On the NIS thing, I am looking for coders - I still don't have the right
testing environment, and I can not build one on a single machine.

So, if anyone is feeling to have to much free time, and have experience
with NIS, speak now... Or you'll have to use code written only by my
(limited ?) common sense on NIS problems.

Best wishes,
		Cristian Gafton
Cristian Gafton                                    gafton@sorosis.ro
Computers & Communications Center              Network Administrator
http://sysadm.sorosis.ro/devel                         Iasi, Romania