authentication problem I'm having with my pam_smb module

I've been messing about with my pam_smb module and have come across a
problem I cannot seem to easily explain,

I am working on Linux-PAM-0.57 and my pam_smb_auth module is based on the
pam_unix_auth module supplied with this,

My problem is that if I telnet into my test box I can log in either as a
local user or my NT user, my problem occurs when after I've been logged in
if I try to a) telnet localhost or b) telnet testbox ( i.e. not through
loopback ), it connects fine, takes a username and password and my module
validates them fine and return PAM_SUCCESS, however if the username is a
a remote username the connection shuts down, for a local username it
functions correctly ..

my /etc/pam.d/login looks like

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /usr/lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       required     /usr/lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so
auth       required     /usr/lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required     /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password   required     /usr/lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password   required     /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
use_authtok
session    required     /usr/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or whether a later module is also
authenticating the password somewhere and failing ?

Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------