Re: PAM + NIS

Joerg Mertin <joerg@pc50.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> wrote on Wed, 30 Jul 1997:

> That`s your problem. You`ll always have problems if you mix Shadow with
> non Shadow stuff. Either you have shadow in everything, or disable it
> everywhere. If you want to use shadow, your NIS-Server has to implement
> this too. Won't work without hacking around if not. Also, try to take

With ypserv 1.2.x (I don't know with earlier versions) shadow support is
in without having to hack anything.

> a pamified xlock version. This should work again. Another trick is to make

I have it, xlock that's shipped with Red Hat 4.2 is pamified in the right
way for shadow support, using libpwd. And, I repeat, nis+shadow (with a
shadow.byname map) worked before the upgrade of libpwd, also for xlock.

> Regards

Cheers
andrea