Re: linking of pam modules

Savochkin Andrey Vladimirovich wrote:
> > Good suggestion.  Will do.
>
> Hmm. Does such kind of linking means that each PAM module will has its own
> copy of functions from libpam? And if a stack of modules has 10 ones then
> 10+1 copies of libpam will be in the memory?

No.  From playing with libpwdb (which uses static variables for caching etc.
.) linking a module with a shared-library at compile time seems to work as
efficiently as you'ld hope.  This is my vague memory so if you know better
please elaborate...

Cheers

Andrew

PS.  as Andrew (Mr. Pimlott) pointed out in private email, his suggestion
will require a reordering of the make (libpam before modules in the case
that we are using non-static modules).  I think this will be straight
forward.

                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html