Re: I'm sure you get your share of I HATE PAM messages.

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Steve "Stevers!" Coile wrote:

> Hell, you could apply that arguement to much of RHL, and to every
> other Linux distribution, too.  They *all* have poorly documented
> components, they all have some out-of-date documentation, they all
> have features that don't work as intuition would dictate, they have
> incomplete components.  That's one of the aspects of Linux systems.
> You're using a system developed by volunteers (for the most part).
> You get what documentation and functionality they decide to give you.
> It can be as bad as the Real World.  =)

I see your point, but I'm making that comment with that in mind. I've used
Slackware & Redhat for years now, often in corporate venues, & I've seen
lots of problems, but nothing that has been even close to this one.
RedHat's decision to use Pam was smart but too hasty. Just my humble
opinion, of course.

--
David Wood
wood@spiralmedia.com