Re: I'm sure you get your share of I HATE PAM messages.

"S\C" == Steve \"Stevers!\" Coile <Steve> writes:

S\C> They *all* have poorly documented components, they all have some
S\C> out-of-date documentation,

Not really contributing anything worthwhile here (OK, I'm underscoring
the above point about some doc's being way out-of-date), but this one
caused a local programmer to get confused the other day and gave me a
chuckle:

[On my RH 4.2 system]

$ man sendmsg

SEND(2)             Linux Programmer's Manual             SEND(2)

NAME
       send, sendto, sendmsg - send a message from a socket
DESCRIPTION
       WARNING: This is a BSD man page.   As  of  Linux  0.99.11,
       sendmsg was not implemented.
BSD Man Page               24 July 1993                         1

[The local fellow thought that meant sendmsg() had been removed when
0.99.11 was released in '93 and never put back in.]

--Up.