Re: I'm sure you get your share of I HATE PAM messages.

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> If we change it again, I'll try to remember to make this change.  We
> won't make an update for this again; most people just upgrade the whole
> OS, which is what we "officially" support, even though we try to make
> piecemeal upgrades easy too.

OK.

> I'm sorry, to what documentation are you referring?

To the part that (belatedly) says:

**
To enable anonymous-ftp, the following lines might be used to replace the
default (OTHER) ones. (*WARNING* as of 1996/12/28
this does not work correctly with any ftpd. Consequently, this description
may be subject to change or the application will be fixed.)

     #
     # ftpd; add ftp-specifics. These lines enable anonymous ftp over
     #       standard UNIX access (the listfile entry blocks access to
     #       users listed in /etc/ftpusers)
     #
     ftpd    auth    sufficient  /usr/lib/security/pam_ftp.so
     ftpd    auth    required    /usr/lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so \
                                 use_first_pass
     ftpd    auth    required    /usr/lib/security/pam_listfile.so \
                                 onerr=succeed item=user sense=deny \
                                 file=/etc/ftpusers
**