Setting Up Shadow

On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> You may want to use recent versions of Linux-PAM, though.
>
> hope this helps,
> 		Cristian Gafton

Cristian,
	While I realize the added benefit of MD5 passwords, we have a
couple of binary only applications that can make use of SHADOW passwords
but not MD5 shadow passwords. Is it possible, with Pam 0.56 that I have
installed, to just use Shadow and not MD-5? I've gotten a couple of RPMS
off of your site that use the MD5 stuff and it breaks other things pretty
badly.

What are the reccomended pacakages to use normal shadow?
Where can I obtain them from?
What are the "gotchas" that I should be looking out for? (Chfn, su etc..)

Thanks..

--
      President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
             SLIP/PPP/Unix Shell   28.8k / ISDN / Leased Line