Re: Pam and radius

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> Or another option
> will be to have /etc/passwd lying around and instead of keeping passwords
> in the shadow file you test them against the RADIUS server. I prefer the
> later, and this is what I am implementing now.

I like this. I have a very specific purpose for wanting Radius support:
Strong authentication. Whereas it may be a while before there is native
SecurID support for Linux, You can run a radius server that does SecurID
(or Enigma Logic) and have strong authentication for your Linux services.
Having a 'shadow' password file to provide UID, GID, and the like doesn't
bother me a bit. It's done that way in the authentication world anyway.

BTW, while there is a discussion about it, is anyone working on a TACACS+
auth module?

jf