Re: Pam and radius

   Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 04:55:57 +0200 (EET)
   From: Cristian Gafton <gafton@sorosis.ro>

   > of RADIUS source code probably requires an export control license, since
   > it is performing data-hiding.

   No, because it does not fall under 'strong crypto' law.

I'm sure that they have no problem exporting a binary server, but source
export is a different animal.  I'm sure Livingston is relying on the
claim that their encryption system is only used for authentication only;
however, if you have source code to the system, that exemption generally
doesn't apply.

Shrug; they're probably just exporting it without a license, and they
just haven't gotten in trouble with the government.

							- Ted