Re: pam.conf/pam.d behavior

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Andrew G. Morgan wrote:

> My thoughts on "seamless upgrades" were to run the conversion binary ;^)

This has some bad RPM interactions, unfortunately. You end up with a bunch
of files which RPM doesn't own and doesn't know what to do with.

For non RPM systems, the conversion program is a better solution then
falling back on /etc/pam.conf. For systems which are running Red Hat 4.0/4.1
that isn't a good solution, unfortunately.

> The patch looks small, so if there are no other complaints I will #ifdef it
> into the library. (The relevant #define will have to be turned on
> pre-compilation in the libpam/Makefile).

That sounds like a good solution.

Thanks.

Erik

|       I told you I'm not very bright -- Sugar in "Some Like It Hot"         |
|       Erik Troan   =   ewt@redhat.com     =    ewt@sunsite.unc.edu          |