Re: .rhosts, NFS, pam_rhosts_auth

Peter Allgeyer wrote:
> I encountered a mistake in pam_rhosts_auth.c. Due to this mistake it
> isn't possible to rlogin or rsh to another machine using the .rhosts
> file. This only happens if your home directory is mounted via NFS!

I'm trying to digest your patch (it fooled me at first because the '+'s are
the old file and the '-' the new..). You are making the point that in reading
the file the kernel checks if the process is running as root--and not just
when the file is fopen()'d which is what the code previously assumed...

Thanks

Andrew
                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html