Re: problems with xlock and pam...

Tom Ryan writes:
>not to confuse anyone, I am using redhat 4.1 (bought direct from redhat),
>with all of the updates installed.. (sans, i am still using the
>pam that comes with 4.1)

It has a broken conversation function that I hacked into it that is good
enough for single-password authentication, but doesn't handle multiple
password requests or anything I didn't think of when I hacked it in.  It
is good enough for what Red Hat advertises that we ship (shadow), and it
is as good as the protocol-bound authentication methods such as those
used for pop, imap, ftp, etc., but it isn't as flexible as pam allows.

michaelkjohnson