Re: problems with xlock and pam...

Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> Yeah, you are right.  xlock doesn't have a proper conversation function,
> nor does xdm.  I'm 100% clueless when it comes to X programming...  And
> someone was going to add an X-based conversation function to libpam_misc
> at some point.  Andrew, did anything ever come of that?

It is "work in progress". Ben Buxton started, and then got too busy to
finish it... On Monday of this week(!) I got someone at UCLA to pick it up
again. For those that are interested, there are three tar files in

	http://parc.power.net/morgan/Linux-PAM/pre/

That have code for this in. 4Ben... (which I wrote, and which breaks up a
generally long set of messages into bite size pieces for presentation to the
user) and then Auth1 and Auth2 that are the two things Ben wrote to
illustrate the X front end he had written.  All that is needed is for
someone (that knows about X) to glue them together.  I'll know if I'm going
to have any luck with my UCLA connection by next monday.

Cheers

Andrew
                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html