Re: large delays on failed authentication

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Cristian Gafton wrote:
[delays]
> It is a security measure.

Is there a method of switching that off? With my Apache module, there are
circumstances in which the module does not have authentication information
but another authentication module has.

I can't incur over a second delay on every request, that makes the module
unusable for sites using more than one method of authentication (which, at
least during the switching period, matches almost any site).

I think that a switch in pam.conf or a flag to pass to pam_authenticate
would be good. Is that possible?

---/dev/il