Re: large delays on failed authentication

Ingo Luetkebohle writes:
>I think that a switch in pam.conf or a flag to pass to pam_authenticate
>would be good. Is that possible?

There's no configuration file for the framework itself, unfortunately,
and if I understand Cristian correctly, he's talking about pam_fail_delay().
You can rebuild pam without pam_fail_delay -- look at the defaults file.
At Red Hat, we have always built pam without pam_fail_delay().

michaelkjohnson