Re: draft-ietf-secsh-userauth-01.txt (fwd)

Tatu Ylonen wrote:
> I'd appreciate if someone can tell me what it would take to add "pam"
> as an authentication method (or multiple methods if appropriate).
> Ideally, someone could write a section on the pam authentication
> methods to be included in the draft.

You might like to take a look at the source code from my forthcoming LJ
article:

    http://parc.power.net/morgan/Linux-PAM/pre/Linux-PAM-C-listing.txt

It is an update of the one contained in the PAM RFC:

    http://parc.power.net/morgan/Linux-PAM/rfc86.0.txt.gz

[Note, (In his previous email) Elliot placed the setcred and session calls
in the reverse order from that specified in the RFC.. This was a mistake
that I think I'm probably responsible for, and one that I only realized
needed correcting when writing the article for LJ :*( ]

Hope this helps,

Andrew
                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html