Modifying PAM to edit files other than /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow

Hi everyone,
	I'm looking on some help in writing an admin tool for a Linux
system using PAM. I am running NYS on basically a Redhat 4.0/4.1 platform.
Since NYS map files are stored separately from the main system's
/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files, I am trying to write basic tools such
as adduser and passwd to modify these files which may reside in
/var/yp/blah/blah...
	In the past, it was more direct since the applications simply used
the shadowlib in the operating system, however, since PAM is taking care
of all the reading/writing stuff, I am unable to simply just take my old
source and recompile it with a new path.
	Can anyone tell me a way of doing this? I tried to look for a
yppasswdd daemon which will work with PAM, but I've had no luck. I
actually would prefer using that instead of writing my own (since I can
pass this on to allow the users to change passwords).
	Does anyone know if there's a yppasswdd daemon that supports PAM?
(Which I would assume would allow me to specify where/which passwd and
shadow files are to be modified..)

	Please e-mail your comments/suggestions to me! Thanks!

-Tony

---
Anthony Kueh
System Administrator