Re: Modifying PAM to edit files other than /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> PAM isn't used for adduser.  The entries have to be added outside of
> PAM, but then modified through PAM.

Right.. I understand. But PAM is set to modify /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow
by default. I would like to create a passwd binary so that it can modify
/var/yp/nissrc/passwd and /var/yp/nissrc/shadow instead, so I can use it
in a NYS type environment.

-Tony

---
Anthony Kueh