Re: Is pamconfig-0.50-5 needed after upgrading to pam-0.57-4?

Steve \"Stevers!\" Coile wrote:
> I just upgraded to pam-0.57-4 from Chris Gafton's RPM.  As expected,
> this package created /etc/pam.d and put a bunch of configuration files
> in there.  With /etc/pam.d there, do I still need /etc/pam.conf, or can I
> delete it?  Also, can I uninstall pamconfig-0.50-5 (included with RHL41)
> if /etc/pam.conf isn't needed?

If you want to continue to use your 'old' configuration you can simply
remove the /etc/pam.d/ directory and keep your old /etc/pam.conf file. I
understand that Red Hat will be parsing both with /etc/pam.d/ entries having
precidence.  The default makefile will parse either pam.d/ OR pam.conf, but
not both and in this order.

Cheers

Andrew
                  http://parc.power.net/morgan/index.html