Re: Apache PAM-auth module

Ingo Luetkebohle writes:
>Theres just one gotcha left: It doesn't do group authentication. This is
>because I couldn't figure out how to get group information from PAM :(
>Any hints on this?

As was mentioned earlier in response to your query, PAM isn't involved
in managing group information.

>Please test out the module and tell me if you use it and how it works for
>you. I'd be especially interested in reports on how it works on Apache
>1.0.x and 1.2bx

I updated your module to get group information in the same way that
mod_auth.c does by cutting and pasting the code (mostly).  I made one
major change -- since in Red Hat Linux we use protocol names rather
than server names for service names, I changed the service name from
httpd to http.

However, I really don't know how to test this, not being very familiar
with Apache administration.  I'm including the module here for your
perusal; I hesitate to include it in Red Hat Linux until I know that
my changes work.  Would you be willing to test it for me?

Thanks!

michaelkjohnson